LightCastle Partners is looking for enthusiastic individuals who are interested in working with the Accelerator Team and write impactful stories about the lives of the rural entrepreneurs of Bangladesh. Entrepreneurs of Bangladesh is a project of LightCastle Partners and a story-telling platform. We are looking for someone who can craft simple and conversational content both in English and Bangla for this platform.
Interested candidates are requested to drop their CV along with 2-3 samples of their work (must be creative writing) in English and Bangla.
To apply click here.
Last Day to Apply: Saturday, July 31, 2021
Position: This is a part-time internship position with an option to work from home and a remuneration structure commensurate with content output.
Eligibility: 3rd-4th year university students (preferably from Business, Economics, Finance, Development studies and related departments).
Time Commitment: Able to produce at least 3 articles a week. Should be available for at least one day per week to work directly with consultants.
Job responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with the accelerator team to get in touch and conduct over-the-phone interviews of the SME owners and entrepreneurs
- Performing analysis of selected resources and current market data
- Content creation including articles and blogs etc
- Proofreading and editing articles and blogs
- Maintaining social media accounts to upload stories weekly
To grasp an idea of the kind of writing skills we are looking for, please check out a sample write up here:
Skill-sets and traits we are looking for:
- Expert in written and spoken English & Bangla with strong comprehension skills.
- Experience in story writing will be considered a plus point.
- Research capability – Able to utilize various professional sources to find and extract pertinent information.
- Good understanding and up-to-date knowledge of economy, business, finance and trade policies and trends, especially those related to Bangladesh.
- Strong communication skills in both English and Bangla.
- Familiarity with web publication tools (blog) and social media sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter).
- Computer skills – proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Google Suite (Drive, Gmail, Calendar).