Position: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Consultant
Last day to apply: December 5, 2021 (Updated)
Number of vacancies: 1
Job type: Full-Time
About LightCastle Partners:
At LightCastle, we create data-driven opportunities for growth and lasting impact. To date, we have consulted for 150+ corporations & development partners, collaborated with 400+ SMEs and startups, and supported 30+ accelerator programs across Bangladesh while mobilizing USD 50 million+ investments in Bangladesh. We have all industry data-set across 40+ sectors and have worked with leading global/local clientele.
About the Team: LCP has currently three divisions – Strategy, Consulting, Ecosystem & Investments and Digital Transformation. The incumbent individuals will be joining the Ecosystem and Investments team and work on strategy consulting engagements.
About the Role: This is a dynamic role with varying responsibilities that demand a high willingness to work closely with the project team consisting of a diverse group of individuals.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply here.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Planning and Maintaining MEL Systems
- Coordinate processes to establish and maintain program-level MEL systems
- Support and contribute to the development of a data management system through documentation, implementation, and coordination of standardized information flow of MEL activities and reporting
- Support in standardizing MEL across project
- Lead the implementation of the project MEL Plan, indicators, and learning agenda, including developing relevant indicators
- Contribute to the development of project performance monitoring databases.
- Prepare Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) tools to implement MEL events as per the monitoring plan
- Track achievements of outputs and outcomes through routine Result Oriented Monitoring activities and annual surveys to measure efficiency, effectiveness, impact and find out limitations & challenges and learning of the project
- Monitor and manage project performance monitoring databases
- Manage a rigorous approach to MEL to measure performance toward specific goals and objectives, including quantitative, qualitative, and participatory methodologies
- Document the learning and best practices for use in the program and future program development
- Collect, collate and maintain project documents required for terminal evaluation of the project;
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, social science, development economics, or a related field, Masters Degree will get preference.
- 5+ years of experience in data management and analysis for MEL, learning, and adaptive management.
- Skills in quantitative analytical methods, data collection and analysis, and establishing MEL systems.
- Experience in managing complex databases, and designing mobile data collection tools to facilitate the population of databases.
- Experience in leading teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead baseline data collection.
- Basic understanding of qualitative analytical models to support execution of responsibilities of Knowledge Management Specialist.
- Knowledge of and experience with MEL frameworks and reporting systems.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and other MS Office software; data analysis software, e.g., SPSS or Stata, ODK, Kobi.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Demonstrated team leader and the player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills; able to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and lead multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to resolve sensitive and complicated work issues with senior high-level country counterparts, donor representatives, and senior-level staff.
- Verbal and written fluency in both English and Bangla along with strong communications, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Experience in Bangladesh performing similar tasks.
Salary: Market Competitive & Negotiable (Depending on Qualification & Experience)
Note: This position requires infrequent travel outside of Dhaka (including to remote regions of Bangladesh) for research, training and project management purposes. It also gives high exposure to different sectors with strong networking opportunities with industry leaders.
LightCastle Partners is an equal opportunity employer. It believes in fostering diversity in the workplace and does not discriminate based on gender, colour, or race.