On September 12, Turtle Venture and She Loves Tech jointly organised the She Loves Tech Bangladesh 2021 final round in association with EMK Centre, Youth Hub, Upstaters, Youth CO: LAB, Citi Foundation, United Nations Development Programme, and Startup Bangladesh.
The start-ups at the She Loves Tech 2021 Global Round will compete for up to $50,000 of investment directly from She Loves Tech, $15,000 cash prize from Teja Ventures and $10,000 cash prize from Asian Development Bank Ventures.
The virtual programme was inaugurated by Leanne Robers, Co-founder of She Loves Tech while Saraban Tahura Turin, CEO of Turtle Venture delivered the welcome address. Mehenaz Zaman, Programme Manager of She Loves Tech Bangladesh 2021, moderated the event.
Dr. Chashi, a machine learning technology that detects crop disease and recommends solutions, came in as a very close first runner up while CHAYA, a space sharing platform for booking a venue for meetings, parties, photoshoots and more, came in as the second runner up.
Other start-ups that participated in this year’s final event were Alokito Teachers and Edutechs, SupplyLine Limited, Lilac Women’s Care Limited, Captain Earth- Be The Change, Konna and ToiToiE (Exploit Limited).
This year’s judge panel included top industry leaders and start-up ecosystem contributors such as:
- Sylvana Quader Sinha, Chairman & CEO of Prava Health
- Bijon Islam, Cofounder and CEO of Light Castle Partners
- Ahmed Jawad Yusuf, Advisory Lead of Bangladesh Angel’s Network
- Salsabeel Khan, Investment Associate of Anchorless Bangladesh
- Shamma Raghib, Head of Sales and Partnership Strategy of Alice Labs.
- Minhaz Anwar, Chief Storyteller of Better Stories
- Anita Ghazi Rahman, Founder and Managing Partner of The Legal Circle Bangladesh,
The esteemed panel of judges addressed the event as special guests. Watch the recorded session here.
Looking to invest in Bangladesh?
We provide end-to-end strategy and entry support services to international investorsGet in Touch