Bijon Islam, CEO & co-founder of LightCastle, recently took part as a speaker at a webinar titled, “Strengthening Entrepreneurial Ecosystems in Developing Countries”. The webinar is part of the 2021 World Bank Annual Meetings, hosted by the Nkafu Policy Institute. The webinar focused mainly on unearthing the requirements for strengthening the entrepreneurial ecosystem in developing countries, which are on the brink of further development, driven by entrepreneurs.
Bijon, took part in the discussions speaking from the perspective of Bangladesh, focusing on its resilience amidst the pandemic, the situation of the funding landscape in the ecosystem for entrepreneurs as well as the opportunities for financing social innovation and climate change resilience.
Dr. Denis Foretia, Nkafu Policy Institute Cameroon, Executive Chairman, moderated the webinar where he was joined by the following:
- Nelson Amo, Chief Executive Officer Innohub Foundation, Ghana
- June Arunga Kimani, Chief Executive Officer at Usafi Comfort
- Erin Tansey, Director, Sustainable Inclusive Economies International Development Research Centre (IDRC)
- Bijon Islam, LightCastle Partners Bangladesh, Chief Executive Officer
- Jean Pesme, World Bank Group, Global Director, Finance, Competitiveness & Innovation
Looking to invest in Bangladesh?
We provide end-to-end strategy and entry support services to international investorsGet in Touch