Startup Bangladesh Limited, the flagship Government of Bangladesh backed VC fund under the ICT Ministry, has recently launched a US$65 Mn (Tk 500 Cr) fund, to disburse in the nation’s top startups. The fund, which is called ‘ShotoBorshe Shoto Asha’, has already invested in seven startups as of March 31 and it aims to back 50 companies by the end of 2021.
LightCastle Partners and The Legal Circle are the Buy-Side Advisors to Startup Bangladesh Limited (SBL).
- Pathao, the largest local ride-sharing and logistics platform
- Chaldal, the largest grocery eCommerce
- Sheba.xyz, the largest online SME services platform
- Intelligent Machines, a frontrunner AI/ML SaaS
- EduHive, a fast-growing edtech firm
- DhakaCast, a fast-growing health-tech startup
- Moner Bondhu, a mental health startup.
On March, 31, 2021, Bijon Islam, attended the signing ceremony along with the people who made it possible, Tina Jabeen, Managing Director of the Startup Bangladesh Limited, Anita Ghazi Rahman, Founder and partner of The Legal Circle, Nirjhor Rahman, CEO of Bangladesh Angels and Rahat Ahmed, CEO of Anchorless Bangladesh.