The COVID-19 pandemic has affected the already vulnerable SMEs in Bangladesh. The economic distress has added further trouble to existing problems i.e. minimal access to finance, poor market linkage, absence of digital inclusion, and many more. To support them in this dire time, adequate policies and schemes by the Government, banking, public and private sector are imperative. But to do that, the stakeholders need to have better insight into the current impact.
To give a clear insight, LightCastle Partners and Sheba.xyz hosted a virtual session with industry experts and entrepreneurs.
The panelists for the session were
1. Md. Ashraful Alam, Project Country Coordinator, SHIFT, UNCDF
2. Syed Abul Momen, Head of SME Banking, Brac Bank
3. Dr. Akond Md. Rafiqul Islam, Sr. General Manager, PKSF
4. Samiul Kabir, Chief Strategy Officer, Sheba.xyz
5. Nazeem Hasan Sattar, General Manager, SME Foundation
6. Shawkat Hossain, Managing Partner, Velocity Asia (moderator)
7. Bijon Islam, CEO, LightCastle Partners
The webinar brought forth discussions around what SMEs should do to navigate through this period and thrive in the future.
Watch the recording of the session here: https://www.lightcastlebd.com/videos/economic-sector-outlook/covid-19-smes-impact-on-smes-of-bangladesh